CELTA at AH Bergamo
Anderson House are proud to add CELTA to the Cambridge certifications it has been delivering in the area since 2008. The CELTA – Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults – is an introductory course for candidates with little or no previous experience in teaching or for candidates with some experience but little or no formal training.
This practical, hands-on teacher training course gives you a thorough grounding in teaching, classroom management skills, communicative methodology and the techniques necessary to teach English effectively and gain confidence in the classroom.
The CELTA course is validated by Cambridge Assessment English – part of the University of Cambridge – that issues and awards the certificates.
It is recognized by employers and language schools worldwide and its certificate is the most prestigious and sought-after in the field of TEFL.
The course is intensive and you will learn how to teach English to adults. All through the course, you will be guided and supported by our tutors. The course is practical in its approach and includes:
- Language analysis and awareness of form, meaning, pronunciation
- Developing teaching skills in the classroom
- Techniques for presenting and practising new language
- Techniques for the development of speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Using teaching aids
Your teaching practice and assignments will be assessed throughout the course.
There are 4 written assignments which focus on:
- Analysing and responding to learners needs
- Analysing language for teaching purposes
- Teaching language skills
- Reflecting on classroom teaching
Below are what is required to be able to qualify for the course:
- Being 18 years of age
- English CEFR level C1 or C2 / IELTS 7.0 / Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
- Having a good standard of education (2 ‘A’ levels or a good high school leaving certificate – consider that some employers may require a degree)
The applications are screened by our tutors: you will be asked to complete a written task which focuses on language awareness and other issues relating to teaching English. If the task shows that you have the appropriate level of English and the potential to develop your skills to pass the course, you will be shortlisted and invited for an interview. Successful candidates will be notified shortly afterwards.
Given its intensive nature, it is highly recommended that you do not take on other commitments while on the course – especially the full-time course.
The full-time course is very intensive and lasts 4 weeks for 5 days a week from 10:00am to 5:30pm. In the morning, your tutors will deliver workshops on various aspects of the English language and teaching techniques, followed by teaching practice in the afternoon. You will be teaching real students and you will receive feedback on your lessons from your tutors and your colleagues on the course.
Full-time course dates
- July 6th 2020 – July 31st 2020
- September 7th 2020 – October 2nd 2020
The part-time course is less intensive but equally demanding. It usually lasts between 20 and 22 weeks with at least 120 contact hours of required attendance. Lessons usually run every Monday from 10:00am to 4:30pm.
Part-time course dates
- !!! NEXT COURSE: January 20th 2020 – June 22nd 2020
We offer candidates support in suggesting language schools worldwide who are recruiting CELTA qualified teachers.
For Application Form, click here click here
For Candidate Agreement Form, click here