NEW COURSE STARTING IN OCTOBER 2019: ENROL NOW!
Who is the course for?
The CELT-S course is for teachers currently working in secondary education with learners aged 11-19 who would like to refresh and build their knowledge and skills. The course leads to a recognised qualification from Cambridge English.
With CELT-S, teachers can show that they:
- have developed their understanding of, and ability to respond to, the specific needs of secondary school learners
- have extended the range of approaches for developing their learners’ language skills
- have become more aware of ways to make effective use of resources to support learning in and beyond the classroom
Why should I choose CELT-S?
- It is ideal for teachers who speak English as a second language
- I can do the online tasks whenever I have time
- ‘Theory to practice’ assignments help me to apply what I have learned to my own classes
- I gain two Cambridge English certificates: CELT-S and TKT: Module 1
- 120 hours of blended study over 6-9 months
- start date to fit your school term times
- Eight online modules
- A face-to-face seminar for each module
- A practical written task for each module
- Teaching observations
- Module 1 – Classroom management in the secondary classroom
- Module 2 – Language learning and the teenage learner
- Module 3 – Teaching language skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking) in the secondary classroom
- Module 4 – Language awareness for teaching
- Module 5 – Teaching language (grammar, lexis and phonology) in the secondary classroom
- Module 6 – Planning language learning (lessons and courses) in the secondary classroom
- Module 7 – Language learning resources and materials for the secondary classroom
- Module 8 – Assessing language learning in the secondary context
Each module has a number of lessons, which all have the following structure:
- an introduction to the topic
- learning activities
- activities that check learning
- activities that focus on practical classroom applications
- a review of what’s been learned
- a short, multiple-choice progress test
- further reading.
- Completion of the online modules and progress tests
- A multiple-choice teaching knowledge test (TKT: Module 1).
- Completion of portfolio tasks
- Assessment of teaching